Monday, November 22, 2010

Passionate and Crazy about Food and Life!

November 22, 2010

I am so happy and excited that I am now able to express some of my feelings, experiences and creative ideas about cooking and food! All of my life I have had this passion about cooking, learning and sharing food but only in the last 10 years have I actually realized how much I love it and how much of my time I want to devote to that. It’s part of my identity and it’s the link to my past.

My goal is to share my excitement and creativity with you, share my ideas while at the same time get your feedback and ideas. Please be prepared that my writing will not be in perfect English and that it will have lots of grammatical mistakes but it will be understandable! In my opinion the most important part is that it will always be genuine and from the heart.

I know a lot about Greek cooking since I am a Greek Cypriot and I come from the island of Cyprus. I lived in Cyprus most of my life and I moved to the United States 13 years ago. Several years ago even though it feels like yesterday I attended a university in New York and lived on the East Coast for a few years.

I love to cook and entertain. I give cooking classes, team building events, catering and dinner parties all around Greek/Cypriot and Mediterranean cuisine.

This past weekend I made olive bread, tyropittes (cheese puffs), vegetarian stuffed grape leaves which are all labor intensive and I make them when I really want to “give” & “share” with special friends. I also cooked the traditional Cyprus beef stew tavas which its aroma is so sweet – cooked with a lot of onions, fresh tomatoes, and spices such as cumin, cinnamon, bay leaves, cloves and a few others.

I had a wonderful weekend giving a cooking class on bread making and cooking for friends and family.



Litsa

1 comment:

  1. Yasso Litsa :-) Ti Kanis;
    I love your blog... It is a true success..
    I lived in Cyprus for 13 years. I fell in love with the country and people. If I get a chance to move there again, I would be super happy.
    Thanks for all the wonderful recipes you have put here. I'll do my best to start trying them one by one, and I hope I can be successful. I miss Koulouri and Cypriot pitta and all the good food there.
    Kind regards,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete