Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Great Sacramento Restaurants


It’s a well known fact that Sacramento which is the capital of California, is a much smaller city than San Francisco and Los Angeles. Despite it’s small size though, it is a city with lots of natural beauty with a beautiful river crossing it something that makes it quite beautiful in my opinion.

I also find Sacramento a city with lots to do. Dancing, boating and dining out are just a few of the many activities you can do here. Eating out is a fun activity for me especially at all these nice restaurants that the area has to offer. During the five years I have been in the area I have been impressed with many nice restaurants I have tried.

I write about them whenever I get a chance because I believe they should get on the U.S. culinary map.

Last week I ate at Paragarys Bar and Oven. It was not the first time, but once again I enjoyed the food and was impressed with the perfect service! The atmosphere as always was elegant but casual enough to make everyone comfortable. I had the grilled boneless half Petaluma chicken with butternut squash risotto, Bloomsdale spinach, Chanterelle mushroom jus which was delicious! The chicken was juicy and tender and it was paired very well with the sweet creamy risotto. I highly recommend this restaurant for great food at very reasonable prices.

During this weekend I tried Ruth’s Chris restaurant which is well known for its steaks. The top 2% of corn-fed Midwestern beef is served here.
Even though steak is not among my favorite foods, I have to admit that this was one of the best steaks I ever had and I have to admit that I almost finished the entire filet! It was very juicy and tender. I had a medium well filet which was perfect for me. As far as the side dishes that came with the steak, asparagus and mashed potatoes, there was nothing special about them something I would expect for this caliber of restaurant. The atmosphere goes without saying that was very nice and sophisticated and the service was very good. Will I go back? Yes only for a special occasion since the prices are quite high.

I will write again soon, sharing some of my Greek Christmas cookie recipes. I will be doing lots of baking this weekend.

Stay tuned!

Litsa

No comments:

Post a Comment